Read on for a word of caution to the sweet tooth readers and lovers of all things decadent. These cookies are more a butter rich than sweet cookie option. These cookies beg to be enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee. It you need a sweeter version, they could be sweetened with a glaze or dipped in a chocolate/candy coating.
A butter rich cookie that declares it be enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.
10 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1 stick butter*
- 4 Tbs granulated sugar; reserve 1 Tb
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the first 3 Tbs of granulated sugar. Blend in the vanilla extract. Mix in all the flour just until dough forms. Use hands to form dough into a log shape. Cover or wrap the dough and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 325F.
- Once dough has chilled you can either cut cookie rounds directly from the cookie log or roll the dough out with a rolling pin and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 1-2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the cut cookies before placing in the oven. Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes just until they set. Allow to brown lightly on the edges.
*Dairy free & soy free: replace the butter with a soy free vegan option. My favorite is Earth Balance soy free vegan buttery sticks.