Black bean and cheese burritos are a quick option for a weeknight dinner. It is as easy as opening a can of beans and cooking up a cup of rice. Brown rice would be the healthiest option. In our home we do half brown, half white. No judging here. You still get points for putting a home prepared dinner on the table.
Yields 4 Servings
A crowd pleasing entree. This makes for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 can of black beans (15oz)
- 1 cup of uncooked rice, brown or white
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 large flour tortillas, burrito size
- Prepare the rice according to the package.
- Open up the can of black beans. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Heat up the beans in a small dish in the microwave for 1 minute or over the stovetop for a couple of minutes, till heated through. Set aside.
- Slice the avocado into wedges. Set aside
- Place a tortilla on a skillet over the range top over medium heat to warm. Remove once just warm enough to be flexible, but before it crisps. Repeat till all tortillas have been warmed.
- Evenly divide the ingredients over the 4 tortillas.
- Lift the right and left sides of one of the tortillas, Wiggle the tortilla some between your hands to work the ingredients into a vertical line between the two sides you are gripping. Fold the gripped sides in towards the center - folding 1-1 1/2 inches in. Grip one of the unfolded side and pull across the burrito over the ingredients and began tuck under the ingredients that completes out into rolling the rest of the burrito up. Plate with the fold beneath the burrito.